The City of Davis, UC Davis, and Yolo County are embarking on a community-based planning process for the Downtown University Gateway District, including the Nishi Property, West Olive Drive, and the adjacent UC Davis property.
Common goals for the District among all partners include:
- Support the city and campus sustainability plans
- Strengthen walkability and connectivity to the district
- Support campus initiatives
- Create an enlivened place where people are motivated to live and innovate
- Engage community/voters stakeholders through the collaborative process
- Address traffic challenges
The 45-acre Nishi site is a gateway to the District that is proposed to include a mix of university-related research park development complemented by high density urban housing.